Submitted by: Meredith
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
A cheesy good baked macaroni and cheese recipe.
- 1 12 oz package macaroni
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large pot of salted water, lightly boil the macaroni for about 5 minutes until half-cooked.
- Whisk the egg and milk together in a large cup. Add butter and cheese to the egg and milk. Stir well.
- Place the lightly cooked macaroni in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour the egg and cheese liquid over the macaroni, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir well.
- Press the mixture evenly around the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is brown.
" A friend of mine sent this recipe to me when I got my first apartment, because she knows how much I hate cooking! It's really easy -- even I can make it -- and tastes great. I'm not sure where she found the recipe, but it included the note "Good source of protein, vitamin A, B group vitamins, calcium." I'm guessing at the 3-4 serving yield; I'm the only one I make it for and it lasts me a couple of meals. "