Submitted by: Kellie
This is a quick and easy quiche that is low in fat and very tasty.
Bread Crust Zucchini Quiche
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 2 cups zucchini sliced
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut bread slices in half diagonally and arrange around edge of 9-inch pie plate.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter or margarine and saute zucchini until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and oregano and saute for 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour and spoon mixture into center of bread-lined pie plate.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cottage cheese, eggs, yogurt, and half of the cheese.
- Spoon this mixture over vegetables and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until firm in center.
Nutrition at a glance: Servings Per Recipe: 6 Calories 174 Protein 14g Total Fat 7g Sodium 398mg Cholesterol 84mg Carbohydrates 15g Fiber 2g Reader Comments: This was very good. I also added onion and used ricotta instead of cottage cheese and egg whites only