Submitted by: Laurie Weaver
A tofu sandwich with true barbecue flavor!
Barbecue Tofu Sandwich
- 1 12 ounce package extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 6 hamburger buns
- Drain the tofu between paper towels until most of the water has been squeezed out.
- Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet.
- Fry tofu strips to golden brown on both sides.
- Add onion and cook for a few minutes, until onion is at your desired consistency.
- Pour in barbecue sauce (use more or less, according to your taste).
- Cook the mixture for ten minutes on low heat.
- Serve on hamburger buns.