Submitted by: Karen
If you like beets, you’ll love this recipe.
For those who don’t like beets, you may just change your mind!
Beets with Onion and Cumin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1.5 cups onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 medium beets peeled and quartered
- 2 peeled tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Pour in oil and saute onion and garlic until translucent.
- Mix in cumin seed and saute an additional 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour and saute 1 minute more.
- Stir in beets, tomatoes, water, and salt.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pan with lid, and allow to simmer 30 to 45 minutes, until beets are tender.