Cajun Tri-Color Quinoa
Modified by: Debbie Myers - A quick and easy quinoa side dish, or add vegan sausage to make it a hearty meal. I use Earth Grown Meatless Italian Sausage from Aldi.
- 1 cup quinoa tri-color
- 2 cups water
- 1.25 tsp cumin
- .25 tsp cayenne pepper
- .25 tsp basil
- .5 cup celery chopped
- .5 cup green onion chopped
- 1 cup corn frozen
- 1 tbl olive oil extra virgin
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime juice to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package
- Season cooked quinoa with cumin, cayenne pepper, and basil.
- While quinoa is cooking, saute green onion and celery in the olive oil.
- Add frozen corn to cooked quinoa and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add sauteed green onion and celery to quinoa.
- Season with salt and pepper, and lime juice to taste.
- Serve with sliced vegan italian sausage if desired.
Calories: 234kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 7gFat: 7gSodium: 22mgPotassium: 401mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 330IUVitamin C: 4.9mgCalcium: 44mgIron: 2.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!