This Cashew Cabbage recipe is a great tasting and easy to make. A great plus to this recipe is that cabbage has a very high nutrient content. Thanks to this high nutrient content, cabbage has been shown to:
- Protect cells from DNA damage
- Provide antiviral and antibacterial perks
- Inhibit tumor cell growth
- Offer protection against different types of cancer[*]
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 1 carrot peeled and cut julienne
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 bell pepper cut julienne
- 1 cup cashews whole
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 1 to 2 lb green cabbage finely shredded
- 1-2 dashes dark sesame oil
- 1-2 dashes garlic powder
- black pepper fresh ground to taste
- In a wok or large deep skillet, stir-fry onion, celery, and carrot in vegetable broth for about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, pepper, and cashews, and stir-fry another 3 minutes.
- Add wine, soy sauce, and cabbage. Stir well, cover, and steam until cabbage wilts slightly, about 5 minutes. Stir in sesame oil and garlic powder.
- Continue stirring until cabbage is done to your liking.
- Season to taste with fresh ground black pepper.
You may substitute aminos for soy sauce. Omit the dark sesame oil for WFPB.