This curried rice is very easy to make and it’s a nice change from plain old rice, especially with the plump sweet raisins.
Curried Rice with Raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups water
- 3 cubes vegetarian bouillon non-vegetarians can use chicken bouillon cubes
- Find a large saucepan or frying pan which has a lid, place on medium heat, add butter, and then add chopped onion.
- Cook the onion for a couple of minutes until it starts to brown slightly.
- Add curry powder and stir with onions for a minute.
- Add vegetarian bouillon cubes, raisins, rice, and water.
- Put on the lid and simmer until water is absorbed. (about 15 minutes)