DD’s Savory Vegan Pumpkin Soup
This vegan pumpkin soup ticks all the boxes! It's rich, creamy and ultimately satisfying.
- 3 cans pumpkin organic pumpkin purée only, no additional ingredients
- 7 cups vegetable broth organic, 2 Quarts
- 2 cups white onion or brown, chopped
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon powder
- ⅛ tsp ginger ground dried
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper ground dried, or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 shallots minced (optional)
- 2 tbsp beef bouillon Better Than Bouillon® No Beef Base
- ½ stick butter 4 tbsp of vegan butter (we use Miyokos)
- black pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, sauté the onion, garlic, and shallots in a small amount of olive oil or vegan butter to soften.
- Add all of the other ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer 15 minutes and serve hot.
You may also purée the soup if you wish.