Diane’s Savory Vegan Pumpkin Soup
This vegan pumpkin soup ticks all the boxes! It's rich, creamy and ultimately satisfying.
- 3 cans pumpkin purée organic pumpkin purée only, no additional ingredients
- 7 cups vegetable broth organic, 2 Quarts
- 2 cups white onion or brown, chopped
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon powder
- ⅛ tsp ginger ground dried
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper ground dried, or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 shallots minced (optional)
- 2 tbsp beef bouillon Better Than Bouillon® No Beef Base
- ½ stick butter 4 tbsp of vegan butter (we use Miyokos)
- black pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, sauté the onion, garlic, and shallots in a small amount of olive oil or vegan butter to soften.
- Add all of the other ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer 15 minutes and serve hot.
You may also purée the soup if you wish.
Calories: 183kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 3gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 1190mgPotassium: 554mgFiber: 7gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 33910IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 75mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!