We would like to send a big thanks out to Linda at thewanderlustkitchen.com for letting us post her great recipe. We appreciate you!
Easy Tuscan Bean Soup Recipe
- Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- Food Processor Attachment with Commercial Style Dicing Kit
- Mueller Austria Ultra-Stick 500 Watt 9-Speed Immersion Multi-Purpose Hand Blender Heavy Duty Copper Motor Brushed 304 Stainless Steel With Whisk, Milk Frother Attachments
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1 yellow summer squash diced
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 qt vegetable - or chicken broth
- 2 14oz cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14oz can no-salt-added diced tomatoes with juices
- 3 cups chopped kale ribs removed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 6 quart or larger Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, zucchini, and squash. Saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, thyme and rosemary. Cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in the broth, beans, and tomatoes. Bring the contents to a boil, then turn the heat down to low and add the chopped kale. Cover the pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender* to partially puree the soup, leaving some chunks of beans vegetables for texture.
- Add the salt, pepper, sugar, and vinegar. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve topped with Parmesan or Dubliner cheese and a side of crusty bread.