Fall Roasted Vegetable Casserole
This Roasted Vegetable Casserole is packed with Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and TONS of fall flavor! A delicious gluten-free & vegan side dish.
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 cup celery diced (around 5 stalks)
- 1 Gala apple cubed
- ⅓ cup cranberries dried
- 1 tbsp rosemary fresh chopped
- ½ tsp thyme fresh chopped
- black pepper to taste
- 4 cups butternut squash cut into ½” cubes
- 16 oz Brussels sprouts cut in half
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Add ⅓ cup of Vegetable Broth to a large pot along with the Shallots, Onion, and Celery; cook over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the Gala Apple, Cranberries, Rosemary, Thyme, Salt, and Black Pepper to the pot. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, until the apples are tender. Add the butternut squash and Brussel sprouts to the pot and mix well
- Place a thin layer of Vegetable Broth in the base of a 9”x13” Casserole tray, then add in the vegetable medley from the pot. Pour the remaining vegetable broth on top of the vegetables, then sprinkle the chopped pecans over the top of the mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 45 min; if you’d like your vegetables to be more crispy on the top layer, you can broil them on HIGH for 5 or so minutes afterward. Serve warm, and store any leftovers in the fridge for up to one week.
Pecans may be substituted with pumpkin seeds if you have a nut allergy.