Moist and delicious muffins for breakfast, snack or dessert. These are gluten-free, vegan and oil free.
Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 flax egg 1 tbls ground flax and 3 tbls warm water
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour I used my spice grinder to grind my oats into flour.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk I used unsweetened vanilla but use whatever you like.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesause
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large banana very ripe, smashed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate morsels I used Enjoy Life brand.
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional but adds a nice crunch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make your flax egg by combining 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed with 3 tablespoons of warm water. Wisk with a fork and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the baking powder, almond flour, oat flour and salt. Give it a stir and then add the almond milk, applesauce, vanilla extract, flax egg and smashed banana. Stir until just combined and then fold in your chocolate morsels and walnuts.
- Divide evenly into 6 large lined or greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 16-20 minutes.