Morning Glory Muffins
Simple, sweet, and supremely moist - these morning glory muffins are perfect for breakfast, a snack, or dessert.
- 2 cups oat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 apple shredded
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups carrot grated, about 3 medium
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).
- In large bowl add the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt; whisk well to combine. Add in the applesauce, oil, apple and vanilla; whisk just until combined. Fold in the carrot, raisins, coconut and walnuts; stir until ingredients are combined. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (or with just a few crumbs attached). Cool muffins in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
If you make these into mini muffins, decrease the bake time to about 10 minutes, or until the tops are golden and the centers are fully cooked.