Spicy Veggie Pasta Sauce
Quick and easy! Delicious and hearty veggie pasta sauce that can be used for much more than just pasta!
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 8 oz baby Bella mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 to 1 tsp chili powder to taste
- 32 oz crushed fire roasted tomatoes
- 15 oz diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- Chop your onion, bell pepper and, mushrooms.
- Heat a large skillet and then add your onion with a little water to prevent sticking. Cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes, and then add your garlic. After 1 minute, add your bell pepper and mushrooms, adding a bit more water if needed, (remember that the veggies will release some water).
- Add all your spices and let them incorporate with the veggie mix for a couple of minutes, then add all the tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer and then turn to low heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
Calories: 105kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 5gFat: 0.4gSaturated Fat: 0.1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.1gSodium: 962mgPotassium: 563mgFiber: 5gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 1550IUVitamin C: 28mgCalcium: 119mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!