Vegetarian Soy Chorizo Breakfast Skillet:
This Vegan Soy Chorizo Breakfast Skillet is a delicious and healthy vegan dish that is perfect for a weekend brunch.
- 1 vegan soy chorizo package
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 eggs or vegan egg substitute
- 1/4 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup avocado diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 14 oz O'Brian potatoes One half of a frozen 28 oz. package
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a little water to the red bell pepper, onion, and minced garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Crumble the soy chorizo into the skillet and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Add the O'Brian potatoes and cook until heated, Approx. 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate pan, scramble eggs or vegan egg substitute.
- Once the eggs are cooked, add them to the skillet and stir in diced tomatoes.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the mixture is heated through.
- Garnish with diced avocado and chopped cilantro.
This Vegan Soy Chorizo Breakfast Skillet is a delicious and healthy vegan dish that is perfect for a weekend brunch. The soy chorizo provides a good source of protein and a spicy flavor, while the vegetables provide a variety of nutrients. The eggs or vegan egg substitute add a rich and creamy texture. You can also add or switch the vegetables based on your preference. Enjoy!
Calories: 142kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 8gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 80mgPotassium: 370mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 965IUVitamin C: 34mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!