No Way These are Vegan! Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk i.e., coconut milk, almond milk, hemp milk, oat milk, etc.
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour if you substitute flours make sure to adjust ratios as this will change the recipe
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Thoroughly mix the coconut oil and brown sugar together.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the mixture.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. You want the dough to be a little bit crumbly but wet enough to stick together in a ball (you may want to add more milk or flour a little bit at the time to get the right consistency). Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat. Scoop a tablespoon of the dough and roll into balls and place on the cookie sheet. Lightly flatten the cookies out a little with the palm of your hand. If any dough crumbles off, just push it back onto the cookie.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes (do not overbake!)